Contest alert! We're giving away one free lifetime Broadcaster account along with professional consultation to help one lucky winner create their own beautiful Weebly site!
The contest is centered around podcast cover art: to enter in, simply share one of your episodes on Twitter which you feel has cover art which best represents your podcast's sound and brand. When you select the episode you'd like to enter, don't forget to include the hashtag #PodomaticArt on Twitter to have your entry counted!
We'll be selecting four finalists on May 10th from the #PodomaticArt hashtag, and Podomatic users will be voting to choose the contest winner from the four finalists.
Overall, we're looking for high quality, original podcast images that best convey what your podcast is all about!
Deadline for entries is May 9th, 2017 11:59PM PST. Only one entry will be accepted per podcaster.
FULL CONTEST DETAILS:
Podomatic Podcast Art 2017 Contest
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Online via Twitter Web Site: Share a podcast episode on Twitter and include the hashtag #PodomaticArt to have your entry counted. Share the episode which you feel has cover art which best represents your podcast' sound and brand.
All podcast episodes must adhere to the Entry Requirements specified below. You may submit only one Entry per podcaster. No correspondence about Entries will be entered into, nor will a podcast episode be acknowledged or returned. If required information is not included, Entry will be disqualified.
Entries that meet the Entry Requirements, Content Requirements and Conditions of Entry specified below may be posted to the Web Site and/or other Podomatic web sites or social media sites.
If you think that any Entry infringes your intellectual property rights, email us at email@example.com if you wish to report it.
Entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. PT on May 9, 2017. Submission of an Entry is also subject to 1) Podomatic Terms and Conditions at: http://www.podomatic.com/about/tos. Submissions which include a podcast episode that fails adhere to any of the requirements set forth in these Official Rules, including the requirements set forth in this section, as well as the requirements set forth in Section 5 and 6 below and the requirements of the Podomatic Terms and Conditions, as determined by Sponsor, in their sole discretion, may be disqualified or edited by Sponsor only as specifically provided herein .
Sponsor is not responsible for late or incomplete Entries. If a problem occurs in the submission process or in uploading or sharing a podcast episode, Entrant should re-share the podcast episode. However, the responsibility to electronically complete the Entry process and share a podcast episode is the Entrant's and neither Sponsor nor the Contest Administrator shall be responsible for any podcast episode not actually received due to incomplete or improper transmission. Similarly, neither Sponsor nor Contest Administrator has any obligation to advise Entrant of an incomplete Entry or podcast episode submission.
5. CONTENT REQUIREMENTS: Entrants may create the podcast episode themselves, or Entrants may have another person create the podcast episode. If someone other than the Entrant has created the podcast episode, the Entrant must have written permission from that person to submit the podcast episode and Entrant must be able to obtain a signed release from the creator upon the request of Sponsor.
6. CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: Entrant warrants and represents that the podcast:
Each Entrant irrevocably grants Sponsor and its affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents and licensees, the unconditional and perpetual right and permission to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse (without limitation as to when or to the number of times used), on an exclusive basis, each element of the Entrant's Entry, and use of the Entrant's name, likeness, photograph (collectively, "Likeness"), and/or statements regarding his/her participation in this Contest (with or without using the Entrant's name) in any and all media without limitation as to time or territory, and without additional compensation or approval from the Entrant or any other party. Entrant waives intellectual property rights, privacy/publicity rights or other legal or moral rights that might preclude the Sponsor's use of any element of the Entry, and agrees not to sue or assert any claim against the Sponsor for the use of any element of the Entry or Entrant's Likeness or statements. Entrant further grants all end users of Sponsor's Web Site (a) the ability to rate, vote, review, comment on and tag the Entry; (b) the ability to send and distribute the Entry via e-mail, instant messenger, and via social media or other electronic means.
Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold Sponsor, its agencies and Contest Parties and their respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, co-branders or other partners, and any of their employees (collectively, the "Indemnitees"), harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Indemnitees due to or arising out of the use of any element of Entrant's Entry, or the Entrant's conduct in submitting an Entry or creating a podcast episode or otherwise in connection with this Contest, including but not limited to claims for trademark infringement, copyright infringement, violation of an individual's right of publicity or right of privacy, or defamation. Entrant further agrees to release Sponsor from any and all claims that any advertising subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of Sponsor infringes Entrant's rights with regard to any elements or ideas contained in any element of the Entry.
7. SELECTION OF FINALISTS AND THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER:
Selection of winner: Entries will be selected by the Sponsor and Sponsor has final decision. Potential winner will be notified via email.
One (1) Grand Prize: The Grand Prize winner will receive a free Podomatic Broadcaster account and a one hour consultation to help with the design of their Weebly website. No refund or compensation will be made. This Grand Prize has a cash value of 0 USD and winner cannot receive monies instead of prize.
The Grand Prize winner's Entry may also be featured in the winner's hometown media and/or in a Podomatic advertising.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Potential Winner is subject to verification, including without limitation, verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Potential Finalist will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and, where lawful, Publicity Release. Each potential Finalist will also be required to execute an Assignment of Rights, in which he/she irrevocably assigns and transfers to the Sponsor any and all rights, title and interest in each element of the Entry (including the podcast episode and title), including, without limitation, all copyrights, and waives all moral rights in those works. All completed documents must be returned to Sponsor within 3 days of the date notice was sent or Finalist status will be forfeited and an alternate Finalist may be selected. Notification of Finalist or winner status must be kept confidential until the Finalists and winners are announced by Sponsor. Failure to comply with this requirement may result in disqualification. All winners are solely responsible for any taxes on their respective individual prizes. No substitution of prize will be offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prizes are non-transferable. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest. Further, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual deemed to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (b) violating the Official Rules; or (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor reserves the right to require winners to submit to a confidential background check to confirm eligibility as a condition of awarding any prize to help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Contest will not bring Contest Parties into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Contest as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entrants/Finalists agree that the Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Contest and that all decisions of Sponsor are final and binding. This Contest is governed by the laws of the state of California, and by entering; Entrants/Finalists agree that all claims or disputes must be resolved exclusively in the federal or state courts in San Francisco, California, USA.
10.TAXES: AWARDS OF PRIZES TO POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO THE EXPRESS REQUIREMENT THAT THEY SUBMIT TO PODOMATIC ALL DOCUMENTATION REQUESTED BY PODOMATIC TO PERMIT IT TO COMPLY WITH ALL APPLICABLE STATE, FEDERAL AND LOCAL TAX REPORTING. ALL PRIZES WILL BE NET OF ANY TAXES PODOMATIC IS REQUIRED BY LAW TO WITHHOLD. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, ALL TAXES IMPOSED ON PRIZES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNERS. In order to receive a prize, potential winners must submit tax documentation requested by Podomatic or otherwise required by applicable law, to Podomatic or a representative for Podomatic or the relevant tax authority, all as determined by applicable law. The potential winner and finalists, and if the winner/finalist is a minor, their parents or legal guardians, are responsible for ensuring that they comply with all the applicable tax laws and filing requirements. If a potential winner fails to provide such documentation or comply with such laws, the prize may be forfeited and Podomatic may, in its sole discretion, select an alternate potential winner.
11. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Contest Parties resulting from any user's participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with participating in the Contest. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or Contest Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Contest: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the Web Site, in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Web Site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention in the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Contest. Sponsor and Contest Parties are not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Web Site. Use of the Web Site is at user's own risk. Sponsor, the Contest Parties ("Released Parties") are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained by user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, use of the Web Site or the download of any information from the Web Site. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant releases the Released Parties from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such Entrant's participation in the Contest. By accepting a prize, winners agree that the Released Parties shall not be liable for any loss or injury resulting from participation in the Contest, or the acceptance or use of any prize. The Released Parties are not liable in the event that any portion of the Contest or scheduled Events are canceled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control.
12. RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY OR DISQUALIFY: If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Podomatic reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Podomatic further reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant who tampers with the submission process or any other part of the Contest or Contest Site. Any attempt by an Entrant to deliberately damage any web site, including the Contest Site, or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Podomatic reserves the right to seek damages from any such Entrant to the fullest extent of the applicable law.
13. NOT AN OFFER OR CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT: Under no circumstances shall the submission of a podcast episode into the Contest, the awarding of a prize, or anything in these Rules be construed as an offer or contract of employment with either Podomatic, or the Contest Entities. Entrants acknowledge that they submitted their podcast episode voluntarily and not in confidence or in trust. Entrants acknowledge that no confidential, fiduciary, agency or other relationship or implied-in-fact contract now exists between Entrant and Podomatic or the Contest Entities and that no such relationship is established by Entrant's submission of a podcast episode under these Rules.
14. FORUM AND RECOURSE TO JUDICIAL PROCEDURES: These Rules shall be governed by, subject to, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, United States of America, excluding all conflict of law rules. If any provision(s) of these Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, seek injunctive relief or make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded, and Entrants expressly waive any and all such rights.
15. WINNER LIST: For a list of the Finalist and winner, visit www.podomatic.com or send a self addressed, stamped, envelope to: Podomatic, The Podcast Art Contest 2017 Winner List,10 Cleveland Street, San Francisco, CA 94103, USA. Requests must be received by September 30, 2017.
17. SPONSOR: Podomatic, Inc. 10 Cleveland Street, San Francisco, CA 94103
©2017 All Rights Reserved.